By Spencer Brooks
When it comes to dry-herb vapes, DaVinci is one of the most reputable brands on the market. They’re known for both innovation and top-level quality, and any DaVinci vaporizer is an excellent way to step into the world of premium vaping.
If you buy a DaVinci, you’ll quickly realize why people invest in higher-end vapes. Quality vaporizers provide a much more pleasant experience. DaVinci vapes offer better flavour, control over vapour potency, and improved heating, so there’s no need to worry about moving your cannabis in the chamber to prevent burning.
Two of DaVinci’s most popular vaporizers are the DaVinci IQ and its more portable (and affordable) little brother, the DaVinci MIQRO. This article will compare the pros and cons of each, to help you decide whether or not to buy a DaVinci vaporizer.
Pros and cons of the DaVinci IQ
The IQ is DaVinci’s highest-end vaporizer. It won the 2017 Spannabis Award (Spain’s most prominent cannabis event) for “Best Product,” and with so many premium features, the IQ lives up to its reputation. Here’s a look at the pros and cons of the IQ.
DaVinci IQ pros
- Pure, flavourful vapour. The DaVinci IQ features a ceramic zirconia heating chamber. Ceramic is inert -- it won’t interact chemically with dry cannabis flower. The result is pristine taste and vapour purity. If you love the aroma and flavour of cannabis, this vape is for you.
- 20-second heating time. The IQ’s powerful battery means it heats to full temperature in only 20 seconds. It’s one of the faster vapes on the market.
- Smartphone control. This is one of the main features that sets the DaVinci IQ apart. It comes with an app that tracks temperature, vapour production, usage, battery power, and more. You can also turn the vape on and off and control the vaping temperature from the app, as well as on the vaporizer itself.
- Smart Path temperature presets. The DaVinci IQ offers Smart Paths -- four preset temperatures that change your vaping experience. Vape temperature influences the thickness and potency of the vapour you inhale. Higher temperatures produce more cannabinoid-rich vapour and lower temperatures provide a more mellow experience. Smart Paths let you take light, energetic low-temp draws during the day and heavier, more relaxing high-temp draws at night. Best of all, the ceramic heating chamber means the DaVinci IQ has perfectly even heating, which increases temp control and protects against burning.
- Manual temperature control. Smart Path presets aren’t the only temperature options for the IQ. You can also manually change your vaping temperature to whatever temperature you want. The IQ uses digital monitoring to ensure precise, responsive temperature control. You can adjust temperature on both the app and the vaporizer itself -- meaning you still have control over your vape, even if your phone dies.
- Extended battery life. The IQ uses an industrial-grade battery that supports 90 minutes of active vaping time, meaning even the most dedicated users will only have to charge it two or three times a week. And if your battery runs out while you’re on the go, all you have to do is pop in a replacement battery and you’re all set.
- Top-tier construction. DaVinci spared no expense or quality when it came to constructing the IQ. From the ceramic vapour chamber to the high-power battery, the IQ is made to be the last portable vape you ever buy.
- 10-year warranty. DaVinci is so confident in the quality of the IQ that they offer a 10-year warranty on every product. If anything breaks, they replace it, free of charge.
DaVinci IQ Cons
- Higher price. The DaVinci is on the more expensive end when it comes to portable vapes. That said, the price is very reasonable considering the level of quality you get (and the 10-year warranty that comes with the vape). If you’re in the market for a vaporizer that will deliver flavourful, potent, top-quality vapour for years to come, the DaVinci IQ is an absolutely superb choice.
Price aside, there really aren’t any downsides to the DaVinci IQ. It’s beautifully-made and delivers an exceptional vaping experience every time you use it.
Pros and cons of the DaVinci MIQRO
The DaVinci MIQRO is a follow-up version of the IQ. DaVinci took their most popular dry-herb vaporizer and made it smaller, more portable, and more affordable, while still retaining many of the premium features that make the IQ so loved.
DaVinci MIQRO pros
- Pure, flavourful vapour. The MIQRO has the same high-quality, ceramic zirconia heating chamber of the IQ, which ensures smooth and flavour-rich vapour every time you take a draw from it.
- Smart Path temperature presets. The MIQRO also has Smart Path programming, with four temperature presets that range from 350-430 degrees Fahrenheit. Like with the IQ, the MIQRO’s Smart Paths allow you to control the potency of the vapour you inhale.
- 40-second heating time. The MIQRO comes up to temperature in just 40 seconds, which is fast for a portable vape.
- Boost mode. If you want to briefly increase vapour density and potency, you can hold down the button on the MIQRO and it will increase the temperature until you let go. Boost mode is great if you want to stick to an overall mellow vaping session, with a quick higher-intensity hit in the middle.
- Portable. The MIQRO is 33% smaller than the IQ, and it comes with a contoured body and no jutting parts. The result is a smooth, pocket-sized vape that goes above and beyond when it comes to vapour quality and flavour.
- More affordable. The MIQRO is also less expensive than its larger counterpart, although it keeps a lot of premium features. If you want a higher-end vape at closer to a mid-tier cost, the MIQRO is a good choice.
DaVinci MIQRO cons
- Shorter battery life. To be clear, the MIQRO’s battery is still excellent. It lasts for 30 minutes of vaping. However, it doesn’t have the longevity or power that the IQ does, and it takes longer to recharge -- about two hours via USB.
- No smartphone support. The MIQRO doesn’t have the IQ’s Bluetooth and app support, so customization options are more limited. You won’t be able to track your vapour usage or see and adjust temperature from your phone.
- Slower heat-up time. While 40 seconds is still impressive, the MIQRO can’t quite compete with the IQ’s 20-second heating time. If speed is a big factor for you, you may want to go with the IQ instead of the MIQRO.
The DaVinci MIQRO may not have all the impressive features of the IQ, but that’s reflected in the price -- it’s significantly more affordable and its construction quality is still top-notch. If you don’t mind a slightly longer heating time, you aren’t interested in controlling your vape from an app, and you’re willing to carry an extra battery, the MIQRO is quite comparable to the IQ.
The final verdict: DaVinci IQ or DaVinci MIQRO?
The IQ and the MIQRO are both top-tier dry-herb vaporizers. Which one you choose depends on your needs. If you want the ultimate luxury vaping experience and don’t mind spending the extra cash, the DaVinci IQ is an excellent choice. If you want to save money and still get a lot of premium features, the DaVinci MIQRO may be better for you.
Either way, you really can’t go wrong here. These are both excellent vaporizers from one of the most reliable companies on the market today.